Obama’s Gun Grab Hypocrisy
“And from(for?) every family who never imagined that their loved one would be taken from our lives by a bullet from a gun.” This was the sentence that started what some are calling “crocodile tears” from Obama in yesterday’s announcement. He then went on to politicize the shooting in Newtown, Ct. saying, “Every time I think about those kids, it makes me mad.”
Obama will continue to promote increased restrictions on guns saying, “We know we can’t stop every act of violence. Every act of evil in the world. But maybe we could try to stop one act of evil, one act of violence.” What Obama chooses to overlook is how his policies have had a hand in the deaths of many men, women, and children in this country. However, he and the media will turn a blind eye to all of this. Though the examples are many, let’s take a moment to point out a few of Obama’s policies that have and may continue to have an impact on the safety of Americans.
Fast and FuriousTwo men, Ivan Soto-Barraza and Jesus Sanchez-Meza, were found guilty of murdering U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry with guns supplied by the U.S. government in a failed attempt to track weapons to Mexican druglords.
Thirty-two year old Kathryn “Kate” Steinle was shot in the back by an illegal immigrant on July 1, 2015 as she was walking with her father along San Francisco’s scenic Embarcadero waterfront. Some have called this a “breakdown of the system”, as an immigrant with an extensive criminal record was set free to roam San Francisco, a city identified by the Obama administration as a sanctuary city.
Bowe Bergdahl/Guantanamo Prisoner ExchangeIn May 2014, President Obama’s administration brokered an exchange of 5 Guantanamo Bay prisoners for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who recently entered no plea at a hearing before his court-martial scheduled for later this month. In return for Bergdahl, Obama released 5 top Al Qaeda prisoners, who have reportedly sought out to renew their terrorist activities.
Unconstitutional Immigration Policies
If Obama were truly interested in saving lives, he ought to reconsider his policies on immigration. He shed tears at the thought of lives being lost during yesterday’s speech, but not a single tear was shed for those lives lost in America due to his conscious effort not to enforce existing immigration law. A long list of of crimes committed by illegal aliens can be found here. But a few of those listed below demonstrate just how heinous some of these crimes were:
- December 2015 — A 40-year-old illegal alien, Michael Rodriguez Garcia, was sentenced to four life terms for the rape and sodomy of two children in Alabama. (Breitbart News, December 19, 2015)
- June 2015 — A Salvadoran, Mauricio Hernandez, convicted of rape and murder of the baby born to his victim was sentenced to 50 years in prison in Texas and faces deportation when he has served his sentence. (The Dallas Morning News, June 5, 2015)
Before Obama’s followers and the media get all worked up over his tears, they should be putting his feet to the fire. He should be forced to answer the following questions:
- If you are so moved by “every family who never imagined that their loved one would be taken from our lives by a bullet from a gun”, why aren’t you equally moved by every family who have lost a loved one at the hands of an illegal alien?
- Weren’t you moved enough by the loss of Kate Steinle to speak out against Harry Reid when he blocked a vote on “Kate’s Law“?
- Why have you run away from the Fast and Furious scandal?
- All federally licensed firearms dealers (FFLs) are already required to request a background check for every gun sale, which is performed by the FBI (another federal agency). Why do your executive actions target law abiding citizens when it is agencies of the federal government who are responsible for approval of all gun sales by FFLs?
I would like to think his tears were a show of real emotion. Unfortunately you can count me among those who question his sincerity and instead believe his tears were just a plain “show”.